"Good night and the mornin'!" as Robyn would say. It is here--moving day!
I know that many of us thought that this day would never (NEVER) come. I am right there with you. Now, a few hours before our plane takes off, I am not really sure if I'm really glad that this day has come. Luckily, my mom will be flying out with me to get me settled, so I have a reprieve before shock AND loneliness (but hopefully not horror) settle in.
I have often wondered if I have smaller-than-usual wings, which is why I have taken my sweet time spreading them. Today, however, I will fly to the land of Paul Revere, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Louisa May Alcott, and Mitt Romney. In a cruel twist of fate, I will be living on Walden Street. For those who knew me during my Junior year, I know what you're thinking: "HA!"
Sincere thanks to everyone who has given well-wishes and supportive assurances--they have meant everything to me. I feel so lucky to have such loving, supportive family and friends. You give me strength.
Special snaps to Aunt Hilda for taking us to the airport. She is so good to come while she is still recovering from the "mouse incident." Thank you so much.
I'm not really sure what the duration of this adventure will be, but I will see everyone "when I see you." I am already looking forward to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Welcome to our time zone Meredith! I'm so excited for you! You have been spreading your wings (with an impressive wing span) for years, but it'll be so exciting to spread them on the east coast.
You will do so well. I'm proud of you and excited for you.
Love you!
Robyn
Wow Mere.....you're actually in Boston, adding to the inpressive famous list.
We're thinking of you and hope all is well as you get settled and figure out the transit system etc.
Big hugs to you and your Mom!!xoxoxo
C'mon. Let's get some serious blogging started from you. I think the dog story would delight us all. Also the tweeking story or maybe the funny incident with the wing commander. Maybe Rebecca has a camera and would loan it long enough for an apartment shot with roomies.
Talk to you soon.
Listen chick, we've tried to call you...where you at? (:
Hope you're well.
Post a Comment