Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Just Call Me Lois Lane

I'm feeling empowered today. Not only am I now a published reporter for a small, military-based newspaper (the Hansconian, if anybody wants to google it), but I am also published on a small military-based online newspaper.

That's right, folks. All two of you may now access my glamorous and important news reporting right from your screens!

I was going to thrill all with a Fed-Exed hard copy, but now I need simply post the links for the masses who are following my big city life. (I will happily provide hard copies by special request, however. Don't be afraid to ask.)

So, without further ado:

First, we have a serious subject--Investment fraud
http://www.hanscom.af.mil/hansconian/Articles/2006Arts/06232006-10.htm

Next, a little fun on public transportation in Boston . . .
http://www.hanscom.af.mil/hansconian/Articles/2006Arts/06232006-09.htm

It is modest but honest work, and I have to say that the first two weeks were difficult. Apparently, newspaper readers don't like reading articles written in three-part theses and air-tight assertions. They don't even like commas where I used to put them. It is proving difficult (but not impossible) to completely overhaul my writing style.

One difficult thing that I absolutely refused to do, however, was cover the following article. I refused to even read it, as I had observed all the other proof-readers quietly reaching for tissues to dab at their moist eyes and sniffly noses. R.I.P. Jordy.
http://www.hanscom.af.mil/hansconian/Articles/2006Arts/06232006-07.htm

Love to all (meaning Mom and Aunt Hilda--my faithful readers). Thank you for your love and support.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending this blog spot's address to Aunt Marnie. She will also recognize your fine writing skills.

These are fine examples of your talent. Now, you know the drill, you will be able to write two or three a day.

Could you interpret the financial one again. I'm sure I didn't understand it. I did get that you should not give strangers your money. :)

Robyn said...

Ahem, I read too you know! I can't wait to read your works!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Robyn! I was just making sure that you were paying attention. Just kidding.

Have I told you yet that I love, love, love the haircut pics? What a good-lookin' fam!

Anonymous said...

Wow Meredith...as I read this I feel like Superman's going to swoop down. Or has he already? Are you fast becoming a dating machine? (tee hee)

I too will need some interpretation on the piece. I did get that their are a lot of wolves running around in sheep outfits.

Seriously, though I was very impressed!!

Love, Aunt Hoog

Jana said...

WOW Meredith! You are so exciting! can't say much here...desperatly trying to get home from a long night house managing the PTC... LOTS of love!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mere, Ann here!
I laughed all the way through your blog! I love that I can keep in touch this way, not that your mom hasn't given me a "blow by blow" account of your adventures.

By the way, I am keeping her very busy doing nothing. Our new latest past time is talking about your love life!!!! Go Girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Again Mere!

I'm getting so excited for your birthday Saturday! What a great day for it...especially with your grueling schedule.

I'm tending Ian to-day, as Jana and Co are at Lagoon with the Slothowers. He has run me ragged (in a good way) I have had to put all my pictures and every decoration up, plus I smell like "baby" :-D Ah the joys of grandmotherhood :]

Well you have a great 4th of July! We'll surely be thinking about you

Lots of love!!!!!!

Jana said...

Me again Meredith!!! Sorry I was so rushed last time. Jon's family is all in town for the fourth so we have been run a bit ragged! We were at Lagoon all day yesterday, with Mom watching the little boy...thank heaven! We are still excited for your upcomming b-day! Yipee! Hope you have lots of fun! I didn't get to tell you how exciting it was to read your articles!!! How informative! I agree with your mom...that financial one was deep, and I so wanted to have a T Adventure of my own! You are an amazing author!

Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you Mere......sure hope it's been a great day for you thus far :-D

Andrea said...

Hey Dingle Toes!
If I had your email I would email this. But since I don't everyone will get to read this. Happy birthday yesterday! You sound like you are having so much fun! I can't believe you. You amaze me! What you are doing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo out of my comfort zone. I will be checking your blog often! I just wanted you to know that we love you and hope you are having a BLAST! Take advantage of having fun times because someday soon you will be like me.... all stress no fun. Except for tomarrow though. Payton is going to be adopted. Check my blog if you want to see the photos: thecreepycrawleyfamily.blogspot.com Which reminds me. I am a little adhd. Put some pictures on your blog! PLEASE!

Jana said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!! We were sad we couldn't actually get you on the phone...hope you had a great day, and we love you so very much! Can't wait for another installment! Love, Jana
and maddie (she typed her own name!) Love you LOTS!!!