Thursday, June 22, 2006

To Forgive is Truly Divine

Dear loved ones:

My behavior has been truly inexcusable. I am so sorry that I have been impossible to reach via phone. The only explanation that I have might seem weak, but I promise you that I would rather talk to you than do what I am doing.

Here is how I am spending my days:

I wake up at 5:00 am to get to public transportation, which I ride for an hour to 1 1/2 hours each way (with more walking than I am used to at both ends). Cell reception is extremely spotty.

I work for nine hours at a job that I am really starting to like, but which is totally new and out of the old comfort zone. Cell reception is nearly impossible (just ask Shari).

I am still setting up house, and wind up at the store every day--carrying groceries on my sides, front, and back. I feel a lot like a mule. No hands for cell phone . . .

When I get home, it has been 12 plus hours, and I have to be perky and meet social obligations so that I can be popular in the ward.

My legs and feet have swollen to tree-trunk proportions due to humidity (does anyone know if that is normal?) and there is definitely bruising involved. I have also nearly gone crazy in the sticky heat. Someone please invent a full body anti-perspirant!

After switching to a new cell plan, my voicemail got screwed up, and I had no idea who was trying to reach me (but apparently there were many of you--thanks!).

Anyway, please forgive me for my rudeness, and know that I think of you more often and more wistfully than you know. Thank you for all of your support. I will be in touch soon--I promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe this explanation is for dear Hilda who has tried to call multiple times. Best times to call Meredith are between 4-4:30 a.m (MST)(HUM) or 5:00-7:00 p.m. (MST)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so well written, no wonder they love you at your job. That's a long time to commute. Do you take something to do, or do you do what I would do in that situation....sleep? :D

All is forgiven...that sounds like an awfully long day!! I laughed about you looking like a mule. You're going to have to strap on some saddle bags to carry all that stuff!

Take care...we send good thoughts and wishes your way!

Lots of love too xoxoxoxoxoxooxxoo

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith.

Hope you tell us about the ward and all. Love you.