Well, I am changing my ways. And I mean REALLY changing them.
As you might already know, I took a summer job in Boston after, oh, about two minutes of consideration. Does it really matter that I have never been to the East Coast in my life? Should I be concerned that the closest to New England that I have yet experienced was the time that I spent in Minneapolis, Minnesota? And does it count if I never actually stepped foot outside of the airport?
As a newly daring woman, I shout: "No!" But perhaps it comes out as more of a whimper.
The aforementioned good news is that I have secured an apartment not far from the base, and I will be living with two very friendly, professional females who prefer that I pay currency, rather than render "services," for rent. Really--some ads that I encountered while searching for housing could only be described as appalling.
As you might already know, I took a summer job in Boston after, oh, about two minutes of consideration. Does it really matter that I have never been to the East Coast in my life? Should I be concerned that the closest to New England that I have yet experienced was the time that I spent in Minneapolis, Minnesota? And does it count if I never actually stepped foot outside of the airport?
As a newly daring woman, I shout: "No!" But perhaps it comes out as more of a whimper.
The aforementioned good news is that I have secured an apartment not far from the base, and I will be living with two very friendly, professional females who prefer that I pay currency, rather than render "services," for rent. Really--some ads that I encountered while searching for housing could only be described as appalling.
Now all I have to do is learn how to read maps so I can navigate my public transportation commute to work (and BACK!).
I have not made any travel plans yet, but I'll keep you posted . . . I will also post pictures, once I have learned how to load them in the right place and in the right size.
Oh! And if you know any friendly people in Boston, I'd love to hear from you (or them).
I have not made any travel plans yet, but I'll keep you posted . . . I will also post pictures, once I have learned how to load them in the right place and in the right size.
Oh! And if you know any friendly people in Boston, I'd love to hear from you (or them).

5 comments:
You are so funny! I totally get the face washing thing! Routine is very important in my world. Maybe I'll start shaking Jacob's formula bottles before I put the cap on!! Just to mix it up, you know?
I'm so excited for you. Your new pad looks SOOOOOO cool. I'm so proud of you. Matt is jealous as he has an affinity for Boston. But truly, enjoy and don't hang out with people who want servies.
Love you! Congratulations! Yay that Mere's blogging!
Really, everyone, the apartment is larger than it looks. We can't wait to get there and see the lay of the land.
Matt and Robyn, plan a trip. By August maybe Meredith will be used to the job, be able to find her way around, and entertain you at the historical spots. It's the least she can do after your hospitality.
Hope the trip is fun, Mere.
Hey Mere...you're the girl who spent months in Russia and lived to tell the tale. The rest of us would be cowering in the corner if we had to do that. This will be like a ride to Boise in comparison.(of course much more exotic)Not to mention the great food!
Speaking about washing your face etc. you reminded me about "the 5's" that Jon's Mom had him do every morning before he could walk out the door. I know one of them was brushing his teeth, and another was combing his hair, you'll have to ask him about the others because I don't know what they were. Wonder if he had to do them in order, or was just glad to get them all done. Cute huh!
Well I'm so glad you have a blog, because it will really be great to stay caught up with what you're doing, and to be able to stay in touch.
Love you Mere :)
Meredith! Yipee! we are so very excited for you, and so glad we will be able too keep in touch with these blogs! You ARE wonder woman! We think that this is going to be great for you! Love, Jana
Hi! Meredth
We only wish you the very Best! Love you Grandma.
P.S. We looked at all the blogs tonight at our house after dinner. We had Jon, Jana, Maddie and Gideon and Grandma Great over and had lots of fun reading your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted. Leland
Post a Comment