Wednesday, July 12, 2006

No, Wait! Don't Stop Reading!!

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special. It was hard to be away (and not swimming) on that day, but so many of you remembered that I had a wonderful day anyway. The cards, packages, and telephone calls were so thoughtful.

There are some that I was not able to talk to, although I spent hooouuuuurrrsss on the phone. Don't think for a second that I don't love you. We had a small party near Harvard Square, but I was so happy to get your messages when I came home.

I have been really stressed at work--over half of the office went on vacation AT THE SAME TIME, so we remaining grunts were in charge of ALL content AND editing for two weeks (20 pages of newspaper each, thank you very much!). I actually ended up calling in sick one day, which I hated to do, but this tired, sweaty body just plain gave out. I am gathering strength, but I pretty much collapse once I get home. I really hope you understand that my silence and lack of updates is not personal in any way. I'd like nothing better than a good chat--as soon as I have the energy to talk and laugh!

That said, I read your blogs faithfully. They help me relax and giggle after a long day. What did I smile about before the Hutchison, Slothower, and Crawley blogs? More is the point, how did so many adorable children end up in the same family? None of them are my children, so I think I can say that without being considered a braggart. Right? Right?

Speaking of which, CONGRATULATIONS, CRAWLEYS!! I only heard about the big event on the very day, but I was with you in spirit. I am so happy for you and your darling little man.

Thanks for reading my blog which has no pictures. That will change very soon, however. If you want to know why, just ask my mom.

Well, it's back to the grind for me. Thanks again for all that you do and all of your support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! A new blog! I'm glad you had a great day. I can't wait to see pictures. I've put in orders, so if any of you want to see something of Boston, tell Meredith. Thanks for all of you who made this birthday great! I don't know who could have been on a the phone with you so long.

Robyn said...

Meredith, like I'd stop reading! Honestly. I hope you truly did have a wonderful birthday. I wish we could have had a pool party together.

I'm so impressed with your big city lifestyle. Matt and I just started watching the Office (love it) and so now when I think of you at work I think of you in their office.

We should talk and discuss posting pictures.

Miss and love you!

Andrea said...

Dingle Toes I know why you are going to be posting pictures. Your mommy told me on the 4th of July!! I am so glad you had a fun birthday!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great birthday!
It was sure fun talking to you yesterday. Take good care of you!!

Jana said...

Howdy from your "not internet connection" cousin!!! Sorry I haven't checked this or anything for such a long time! Our computer almost crashed and we had to re-do it completly. I just got all the pictures back on it, and last night Jon loaded the internet and other essential programs so there will be new blogs coming! (I am at my Mom and Dad's right now)
I hope your birthday was great! I did really miss the pool party though...maybe later

We love you so much!