Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Majorly Spiralling (Oooh!)

A year and a half ago, I fell hard for these broody Brits who clothed their sexy disillusionment in bouncy, anthemic orchestrations. I mean, really, what red-blooded, tragic young woman could resist such sensitive, arty babes -- uh, boys -- compelling her to head-bob along with them as, over and over, their hearts all broke together in perfect harmony?

(Not to mention those white belts and that hair tossing . . . )





Not this one. No, sir-ee.

So, since the moment they announced they were working on a new album, that things were better than ever between them and they were having the time of their lives, I have dreaded the release of their third album, "Perfect Symmetry." Not that I don't want them to be happy without me -- I absolutely do! But couldn't their music stay miserable?

Well, you can imagine my horrified delight when I got a load of the first track on P.S., which all the reviews are calling "sassy," "disco-rockin'" and "Bowie-esque."

AND I LOVED IT! I loved every "Ooooh!"

So, enjoy. If you find yourself downloading and listening to it to the exclusion of all other worthy tunes, let's chat.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mere. I love my little grandchildren appearing in Keane. So hot. I'm glad you love the new hits. Music is your thing! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I am not Anonymous! But I did something wrong. Sorry.

Andrea said...

So I had fun seeing you the other day! Can't wait for December. It is nice to see you updating!

Anonymous said...

Mere...I haven't checked your post for a while, but I always enjoy your reads. I'm really looking forward to seeing you at Christmas time, and am hoping you're Mom won't be too stingy with you. :D We could have a great time kicking back and making toast at my house.

Lady Bills said...

dude, if i was there in boston and they came... i would go with you and we would scream until our lungs gave out!

LOVE KEANE!

Hilda said...

Mere...enough's enough! I've had enough of this post and want to see more. :D

Love, Auntie Hoog