So, I've had very little willpower this weekend. I'm pretty sure that in the last three to four days I've put away a good two or more 8.5 oz. bags of those devilishly delicious Cadbury Mini Eggs. Actually, my bet is on the "or more." And I won't go into the other sweet and savory delights I've been cramming into my aptly-named cakehole.
Sadly, the discipline drought doesn't merely extend to food. Although I'd hoped to be in bed by 10 -- one might even have called it a goal or aspiration -- I ridiculously started another episode of Grey's Anatomy, assuring myself I would only watch until my horrifically boring story was finished. Yeah, right. Who am I kidding? Story finished, seventeen minutes into the episode and 20 minutes into the 10 o' clock hour, I'm thinking I've made a mistake. But will I turn McDreamy and Co. off anytime soon? Not bloody likely.
My point -- assuming I have one besides hoping that confessing my sins will shame me into shunning them forevermore -- is that I need to regain some control. The mere thought of which makes me start wondering what I've got in the fridge, freezer, and my cupboard that just might hit the spot. . .
But anyway -- CONTROL. That's the ticket, unless I fancy wedging myself into size ginormous jeans while trying to see over the dufflebags that are my under-eyes. How is it regained? I'm open to suggestions. By all means, flood the comment section with suggestions. Please.
The only solution I can think of is to list some goals I've been considering today. They're not set in stone, which is to say I'm definitely not ready to commit (oh boy -- another topic for another day!), but I'm thinking about them. Again, (kind and constructive) comments and concerns are welcome. Oooh . . . alliteration.
For the Body
1. Low carbs for the foreseeable future. No bagels, grilled cheese sandwiches, or corn chips at work anymore. Veggie omelets with no cheese and salads with feta crumbles from now on. This should be easier with the ruggedly attractive IMA coming back into the office for a couple of weeks. Maybe pretending to love rabbit food for two weeks will break me of my bad habits. Fingers crossed.
2. Bedtime at 10:30 at the very latest -- with solid efforts aiming more toward 10. No computer after 9. Unless I get home late. This one is negotiable? Maybe 9:30?
For the Soul
1. Pursue voice lessons with Mary. Sing again. Maybe others will hear and enjoy, but that doesn't really matter. Perfection would not be the object; music -- whether rough or refined -- would be the object.
2. Ever-so-slightly related to #1: Sing in ward choir. Not necessarily for the vocal advancement, but for the spiritual involvement, the opportunity to enjoy the company of friends who also love to sing, and the impetus to arrive at church early and adjust to the spirit there rather than skid in at the last moment, hoping to find an empty seat in the chapel.
3. Stop comparing myself to others. Stop hurting myself and holding myself back by comparing myself with others. 'Nuff said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well, the other comment was for this blog, so turn and read it again. What concert did you go to this week?
Start making plans for your b-day in NYC. Love it.
The tulips are up and I feel spring; oops better get on the "eating program," not to be confused with a diet.
could I just adopt those goals? Well, all but the voice lessons...I don't think anything could improve my barking strains...no seriously, I think goals are wonderful, and I know you can achieve what you want to! Keep at it.
Self control is a TOUGH one! I have found if I allow some little vice (for example one "treat" a day, or one game of Majong Tiles) and then try to plod away at keeping on track!
You can do it!
Way to go Mere! We can check in with each other if you want...
I say that self image is the most important. No matter what size, shape, or look you are you need to be happy. I will not degrade myself in anyway. I am beautiful and that is what I am passing onto my three girls everyday. I think it will help them with self image as they get older. So just say, "I am beautiful"
Andrea, you are right. Good for you. Your girls will be healthy and have fun.
Sorry, Mere, for ruining your chances for self-confidence by talking about weight all the time.
But I love you, so walk tall and go get'em.
Post a Comment